Old August 1st 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default (RCSD) New stamps and recruiting new collectors

"Svend" wrote in message

Thanks Rod
Could you help me with some addresses. I only know of James Bendon.
regards
Svend

Gulp Hi Svend,
if you intend to spend hard cash,
then please check that the literature suits well,
I'd hate to send you on a wild goose chase.
some of Blair's are Sloan and others from another source.

I could only find one source at short notice

It is Item 1408 under literature of "General Interest" here.....
http://www.mainstreet-philatelics.co...aturelist.html

It is "Sloanes Column" 1961 reprint by Turner.
I trust/hope this is the same general interest with a US bent
that you have been reading on this NG.

The proprietor Mr. Bernstein is a very helpful fellow.
The book is a little expensive at $50
you may find cheaper copies Googling.

......or just search the RCSD archives here
http://tinyurl.com/2yvb6t
Search for all Blairs posts with the heading "looking back"
and save them a lot cheaper.

Caveat emtor
Regards
Rodney