Old November 24th 05, 03:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default How to fix Talentum

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:10:03 +0000, TheHiddenPoster wrote:

Ok. A nasty thing happened to me. At the doctors office I slipped my
Talentum into my jeans pocket. I went into one of the examining rooms and
decided to make a note. I pulled my pen out, and voila. The body is a
smooth cylinder that changes width about one and a quarter centimeters
from the top. The top broke of cleanly where the width changed.

So the disaster gave me a chance to try something I've been wanting to do
for a while. I ran out and got a bottile of "Gorilla Glue", which I've
been hearing about for a while.

Big problem though. You need to clamp the object. So a little creativity,
I rolled up a sheet of paper which I put in the pen and adjusted to fit
snugly. Then I took an old pill bottle put in a bunch of cotton. Put the
body in with the end just barely sticking out. I put a weight on top. A
couple more pill bottles to add stability to the weight. Not perfect but
seemed to do the trick.

From a distance looks like nothing has happened. Though close examination
does reveal the break. Will let you know how it stands up.

Next a Waterford where the feed slides out of the sleeve with the
threading. Though It will be harder to clamp.

It did not work. The pen held together at least an hour when used, but the
minute I screwed the cap on and off, the neck broke off. The problem is
that the break is too clean.There are no ridges or anything to grab hold
off, so the only thing holding the neck on is the glue, and it can't
handle sidewise strain. Since this is exactly the same weakness that crazy
glue has, I'm pretty certain crazy glueon't work. So I am looking for
other suggestions. Any help?