Old July 6th 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

Default Hungarian query.

On Jul 5, 5:32*pm, "rodney" wrote:

Thanks very much Blair, wonderful stuff.http://cjoint.com/data/hfxAkdk0hX..htm

I am not comfortable surfing around europe
I do not really understand the history, but some
of these towns are so beautiful, picture postcard stuff.
The apparent ad hoc name on the hammer confuses somewhat,
I wonder what the regime was in selecting the anglicised name at the time?
thanks again.
Rodney

I have learned new things nearly every day, thanks to 55 years
of collecting stamps.

I don't think that either cancel is anglicised. Where a town has
been under the control of Poland, Czechoslovakia,. Slovakia,
Austria-Hungary, Romania, Germany etc.. it is not unusual for
the town to have had a name in each language. German,
Hungarian, Polish, Slovac, and Romanian maybe.

Blair