Old June 18th 17, 05:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default Rock-Ola CD-8 Bubbler plays intermittently

On 2017/06/18 6:47 AM, Paul Miller wrote:
Hi all. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

When I first turn on my jukebox it will play the first selection, although sometimes not all the way through. If I try to play a 2nd song the disc usually won't spin and will be put back in the magazine.

If I go into "Test Mode" and "Run CD Tests" I can get the disc spinning and playing properly (usually by adjusting the cd clamper), but once I return to normal mode cds won't play - they may spin a little or not at all.

I thought this was probably a laser issue, so I have replaced it twice without success.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Don't really want to shell out $500 for an new cd player, but maybe I have to?

If the laser CD-player works in test mode then it is probably OK, I
don't know Rowe machines well enough to help a lot, but the first thing
a CD-Player usually does is read the Table Of Contents (TOC). If there
is a problem communicating this information to the jukebox computer that
may account for your problem, or it could be something else I'm afraid.
Does the manual have a troubleshooting guide? Start there or get the
shop manual. I may have the more advanced shop manual, but would need to
know the exact model number of your machine.

I do doubt it is the player though.

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com