Old January 17th 12, 09:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
robert

Default Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

Thanks for the advice Rob.

I'll take a look at the ads and see if I can find the them. In the
meantume, I'm going to try taking them apart and clean them out and
see what that does. I've read that people have had success with doing
that. Either motor, gripper or magazine blow the fuse. It's just kind
of odd that BOTH motors could fail at the same time.

Robert

On Jan 17, 4:25*am, Rob in NYC wrote:
Robert, motors can be rewound, while that might be the most reliable
route, it may be cheaper to locate a known-good replacement via one of
the ad's in Always Jukinhttp://www.alwaysjukin.com/* D/L a sample
issue and look over the classifieds -the same sellers are there every
month.

As for the microswitches, if the motor isn't overtravelling and
jamming at either end of it's travel the switches are not the problem.

If you have a meter capable of measuring amps you might hook it up in
series with the fuse, but I'am pretty sure you have the classic
problem of excessive current drain from shorted armature turns.

Rob/NYC