Old December 21st 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alyn

Default My Philatelic Ramblings

On Dec 21, 11:27*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Alyn" wrote in message

Snip

I have read with a lot of interest the page: Paintings by Stanislaw Ignacy
Witkiewicz.

I wonder if the fact that "...he was elected political commissar of his
regiment" (Wikipedia) during the Soviet revolution led later to his suicide
"After the Russian invasion later in September 1939" (from your page) of
Poland.

Thanks for your comments, I found researching this set very
interesting.

This link doesn't work:
Paintings from Canada's Centennial Issue -http://alynlunt.com/stamps/articles/cenpt.html

I will see what is wrong with the link and try to fix it. I am at
work so hopefuly by the time I get home it can be fixed.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Thanks again Victor.