Old November 14th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JLR

Default Franklin PCGS FBL or not? Look and decide

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message

"steve edwards" wrote in message
Recently I bought two 1955 Franklins graded MS64 by PCGS.
One is designated FBL, the other is not. Even better, the serial
numbers
are sequential, which means (I guess) that they were graded one right
after the
other. I've posted pictures of the Bell Lines at
http://www2.SPSU.edu/math/edwards/fbl.jpg

Take a look, and tell us which is which. I'm curious whether people
think there is a large
or even discernable difference. Both coins are nicely toned.
And I will give them both as a prize to whoever figures out which is
which is which.......NOT!!!

Steve E.

I am guessing the top Franklin (A) loses the designation on both sides of
the bell crack. The bottom Franklin (B) is the FBL although I would say
not a strong one and not all FBLs are created equal.

Bill

Since i am trying to learn...i went and looked..and decided it was B....but
not for the
same reason....I thought the lower set of 'lines' on the left side of A did
not go all the way to the
edge of the bell...That said...'what do i know?"...

Jorge