Old April 27th 12, 06:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

Default Miniature Sheet...MNH or not MNH?...

On 4/26/2012 5:27 PM, gogu wrote:
There is a seller advertising a Mini Sheet which comprises 6 stamps in it.
In the item description he says it's MNH but there are post office seals
placed over the 6 stamps!
Sure, the post office seals look very odonate and look like they are placed
by a machine and not by hand.
But they are still seals on the stamps...
My question is if the MNH representation for this set is misguiding or not?
Is this set considered "used" or not?

I am not sure what you mean by 'post office seals' from your European
viewpoint (picture?), but 'mint' means as packaged at the printer and
delivered to the post office. 'Used' means sent through the mails. CTO
(cancelled to order) means cancelled (not mint) but also not used.
Anything else glued on is just 'defaced' and possibly/probably worthless
unless there is some special circumstance I cannot think of ;-).

tjr