Old October 8th 09, 12:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Sparafucile

Default Where To Buy?

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:37:00 -0500, Bluesea wrote:

"Sparafucile" Other than being inaccurately rated, it's okay if it isn't 160 watts.
Richard Binder recommended 50 watts as being more powerful than the jewelry
cleaners while not being so powerful that it might damage vintage pens. (I
have only one vintage pen which I never use.)

IIRC, Richard uses a L&R.....

I was thinking that after I get this clog cleared out, I'd go back to
flushing by hand and use the UC to keep cartridges clean (I refill carts and
the international standards aren't as easy to clean as Pilot carts.),
thinking I'd clean nibs and feeds only once a year in the machine to keep
them spiffed up. I was doing fine before I let this particular pen sit
without a flushing for well over a year.

If you live near NYC, you're welcome to drop by
and drop it in my L&R....

Thanks for the advice.

You're welcome.

Since you love cats, have you seen the A.S. Manhattaner's NY
Artists Guild Fountain Pens by Sailor? Only $21 at JetPens:

http://www.jetpens.com/index.php/cPath/214_835.

I like Sailors, but that pen is a bit too "Hello
Kitty" for a man in his 60s, LOL!!!!!!!

--
Ciao,

Serge

ŽI love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul.¡
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/7/2009 7:38:59 PM