Old February 27th 08, 01:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Is Akai CR-83D Really Worth $150-$200+?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:06:28 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

With such a light mixture, a choke must be used to keep it running
smoothly during warmup. Prior to 1978, Honda hadn't yet devised an
automated system using an electric choke element that would satisfy
all conditions, so a manual, calibrated choke was used..."one click"
for mild weather when starting cold, two for colder weather, and full
closed for very cold or long periods of sitting.

Good explanation, I had forgotten of the unique nature of
the engine.
maintained well. My '75 Civic CVCC

Or "rotting honda" as some would dub them. snip

Well, Deludo Nudo, aka Charlie Nudo, has a challenged sense of reality
anyway, so no one can take anything he says with any assurance of
veracity, as everything he even thinks in his mercury shorted brain
defies credulity. Funny thing about Noodles' descriptor is that, even
now, there's not a speck of body rust on that car at all, mostly owing
to California's 75 year ban on road salt, arid climate and abundance
of volcanic cinders, which actually work better on ice anyway. In the
toxic cesspool of NE Pennsylvania, these cars didn't last very long,
owing to the toxic sludge smeared on the highways and byways every
winter. Hell, neither did the big iron monsters from the '40s and
'50s, as pictures of Noodles' junked '49 Olds showed in stunning
detail. Another car famous for getting rust lobsters early was the
Chrysler F-body, and just about every Chrysler product from the 1950s.
There's a '76 Aspen 4 door running around town here that's in fairly
pristine condition, driven by the original owner...again, not a speck
of rust to be seen anywhere. Funny thing about that Aspen...the doors
bolt up to my Fifth Avenue exactly. After all, the long produced
M-body, the "cop car" of choice in the US for about 12 years, was in
reality an "F-body stretch" without the rust problems, along with a
better suspension.

Noodles should be apprehensive about his Saturn WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGON, as
well. Although the plastic body panels don't rust, the cage
underneath surely does...and his Saturn WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGON probably has
more rust on it than my former 32 year old Honda has now. But, then
again, when you're as mentally challenged as he is, he probably can't
see it anyway.

I have a request from the kid down the street to record some 8 tracks
of all his favorite "alternative rock" stuff, so he can play the tapes
and blow more minds, so I have to do that tonight. Should be
interesting to hear about some of the reactions!