Old November 30th 05, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default canon SD450 for coins and cats

It seems that green eye glow is quite a bit more
dramatic than I have ever seen with my
polaroid or regular camera.

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:46:58 GMT, tom wrote:
I just tested my canon SD450 powershot on my cat.

The eyes came out a bizarre glowing green like from
a science fiction movie. I haven't tested the camera on
coins yet, but this shot has me thinking of returning the
camera. Any ideas here?

It's normal for cats to get a green or gold reflection from the retinas
in flash photographs. My dad took a great one where the green glow is
reflected up off from the hardwood floors. Nothing unique to that
camera, or digital cameras in general. Humans get red-eye, cats get
gold/green eye. I'm sure theres some fascinating physiological reason
for the color being different, but I'd be bluffing if I pretended to
know what that reason is.

Dave Hinz