Old November 11th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
mpstamps

Default Identifying "EA" overprints Algeria 1962

Hi,

thanks for answer.

I have seen that there is an "official" EA-overprint, which is also
listed in the catalogues. But there are many cities/regions which
issues their own local EA handstamp overprints. I would like to
identify them. I have about 40 overprinted stamps and all I know is
that they do not belong to the official but to the local issue.

Best wishes

Manuel

On 11 Nov., 21:33, "Pierre COURTIADE" wrote:
mpstamps a écrit :

Hello,

I got several local overprints from these issue. Most have unreadable
postmarks. I would like to know from which city/region they are. Is
here any Algeria expert who could help me to identify them? Then I
would made a scan. Or does anybody know a resource on the net? Could
not find any so far.

Regards and thanks for help

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

These stamps were issued in 1962 from JUL 5 to OCT 31 by newly
independant Algeria, used French stamps which were overprinted EA (for
Etat Algérien).

They were superseded on NOV 1st by a set of five designs showing local
scenes and inscribed "République Algérienne" in both French and Arabic.

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade