Old May 9th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Buffalo Nickels

wrote in message
m...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

wrote in message
m...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

wrote in message
. com...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

wrote in message
s.com...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

wrote in message
news.com...
In article . com,
" wrote:

I bought a set of 65 circulated Buffalo Nickels, all have dates
which
all four digits are readable, no acid coins. No rare oddities,
but
rather nice set. At first I was dissapointed, but after looking
around I guess a nicer set would be very, very expensive,
especially
for the more rare ones in XF or better. My coins range from mostly
VG8-10 to a handfull of F12-XF45. At least a portion of horn can
be
seen on all. I guess I'm wondering if this is a desirable set for
Buffalo collectors, or are my expectations too high?

Jim

unless you overpaid, it's a nice set.
if you can afford the keys in f or better, it will have some
good potential for the future.

Only if you can get 'em slabbed VF20 one day (not so difficult, I'm
told).
8)

James

"market grading" barf, retch, puke.
but you are right. some of my bust halves have gone up a
full grade in the magic regenration process of slabbing.

That's nothing. Take a gander at this "F-12" large cent:

http://www.coinresource.com/guide/ex...berry_cent.htm

James

i might let that slide as a good. so they're are very rare,
it's still a low end grade.

Yes it is, and market grading of something that only exists in four
examples
is moot. Market value is whatever a mix of testosterone and adrenaline
make
it.

James

don't forget ignorance and greed.

I don't think ignorance applies to chasers of a 93 strawberry. Greed,
maybe, and possibly in more than one flavor.

James.

James

well, i think anyone that believes that's a fine is
ignorant. i can't imagine what the ag's look like.
bat barf, prolly.

They're not pretty, but they are 93 strawberries.

I suspect the slabber put that grade on there to guard against the owner
trying to crack it out and get it into a competitor's holder, knowing full
well that they had exceeded everybody else's limit.

James
'hey, look what we just slabbed, nya, nya, nya'