Old May 22nd 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Any value above silver?

Stardancer wrote:
Howdy;

I came across this in an accumulation I bought a while ago and was
wondering if there is any value above bullion. Also, if anyone can
identify when it was likely issued.

My THANKS

Dan

http://www.coinenthusiast.com/washmint.jpg

That is a U.S. Mint medal. To the best of my recollection that medal was
not silver. It was either silver plated or C/N. What size is it? I have
one that is silver colored and about 38-39 mm and another just like it only
bronze and smaller, about 32-33 mm. As I recall, neither is worth more than
3-4 dollars. The mint still sells the bronze one BTW for $3.50.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=10162

Maybe Ken Barr can give us more info.

--
©¿©¬