Old November 19th 13, 10:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Farmer[_2_]

Default What happened to The Tulving Company?

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 01:40:21 -0800, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,
Jud wrote:

I have never done business with them so can't give a personal experience
story. However, I do remember (vaguely) that there was some controversy about
HT about 10 years or more ago. Something to do with business
practices...perhaps the same problems?

Longer than that, actually ... IIRC there wuz a Federal Trade Commission
investigation (mainly re exorbitant pricing and unrealistic profit
projections) circa 1990, followed by a chapter 7 bankruptcy a year later
and an FTC consent decree a year after than. I remember buying several
lots of proof 1964 Kennedy halves and such in Tulving slabs for around
$4.50 each at the time, with prices printed on the slab label of $25 and
up. They were all properly graded, but horribly overpriced.

He reinvented himself several years later as The Tulving Company and has
been in business for almost twenty years in mostly bullion. I've
periodically heard stories about slow delivery, but haven't heard of any
recent investigations and/or litigation ...

check out:

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews...lers/3-tulving

---