Old February 12th 14, 08:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default New collector

Over the past 8 months, I have begun collecting first editions. It all started when my in-laws handed me their John Grisham books. I knew enough to check out the copyright page and it turns out all of them were first printings. Over the past 8 months I have picked up a total of about 20 first printings and first editions (in various printings). My prize thus far is a first printing of Clancy's Patriot Games. As a very new collector, I am looking towards the future. I realize that finding a first printing of Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn is probably not in my immediate future or budget; however, who should I be looking for now? Thus far, Ive collected King, Crichton, Clancy, and aforementioned Grisham.