Old December 18th 07, 04:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

Default Question: Scott Internation, Part 2 - Algeria Scott # for This?

In , on 12/14/2007
at 07:59 PM, "Terry Reedy" said:

| Maybe the 30c was planned for Algeria (it was overprinted for
| Reunion) but did not materialize in Algeria.

You did not say when the album was printed. It is possible that Scott
included it based on skimpy post-war info and then later deleted it from
the cat once it was realized that it was a ghost.

Ah, you're right, I didn't. My working album has a title page that says
1950. This isn't completely true, as I have created a little bit of a
mutant. Having browsed through dozens of remnant albums and piles upon
piles of loose album pages acquired from all over, I've managed to add some
non-original pages. However, "most" pages are from 1950, including the one
in question.

Checking a Part 2 I have in another pile, it has the same page with a
copyright date of 1953. I'll watch for a newer album to see what later
versions of this page contains.

Nick