Old September 27th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Turkey. Was: Irish independence?

"Alan" wrote in message
Victor Manta wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
Victor,
I think your point was that they would be safer playing in Europe than
the Middle East, but after what happened in Germany that theory doesn't
work. If you follow your logic and they play somewhere safer, then
Europe (After Munich, London Madrid etc)is not safe either.
In fact rather than Asia perhaps they should play in the US, in the NBA,
MSL and even MLB (World Series !).
Alan

I didn't know that Israeli sportsmen were killed in London or Madrid.

BTW, London and Madrid terrorist attacks have more to do with what
happened on 9/11, you know where.

I wonder which will be your next proposal: Africa, Australia or
Antarctica? I can imagine a football match against the penguins :-)

The safety (or lack of) is the issue, not the nationalities of those
killed, unless you are suggesting that if they're not Israeli then it
doesn't matter.

I'm not suggesting it at all (keywords: red herring = irrelevant
thesis=ignoring the issue). Just to remind that the subject was why Israeli
(!) sport teams compete in Europe.

To answer my own question, probably the highest safety is in Antarctica, for
any teams. ;-)

Back to stamps, and to the relationship between Israel and European
countries, I have found these stamp issues interesting:

- On 22 August 1993, the Israel PA issued a S/S dedicated to the
Israel-Romanian Stamps Exhibition TELAFILA '93.

- On 19 November 1997, the Israel PA issued a S/S in the commemoration of
the International Pushkin Year (Pushkin = the most renown Russian poet).

--
Victor Manta