Old December 30th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

Default Type set conundrum

Those of you who are doing a type set, do you put your key date coin for
the series in there, or do you put the best example of the series you
can find in there, or something else? Where do the key dates go, and
what's your thinking for it?

In my mind, having, say, a 1972 DDO cent in there for the Lincoln
Memorial cent is more interesting than some random MS69 zincoln, for
instance. Not that I have either right now but I'm trying to plan
ahead. Looking at my type set, for some it's easy (I only _have_ one
silver trime), but for coins where I also have a book, I'm kind of
undecided. Any thoughts? "Do it how you like", I know, I'm just
curious to see what other folks like or don't like about how they're
doing it. I don't have a lot of stress about cracking open slabs to
populate the books, but until I decide which one they're going in, the
coins are staying in the slabs. I don't want to handle some of those
more than I need to.