Old September 21st 03, 12:08 AM
Nancy Handy

Howard Marder wrote:
What a disappointing show! It was much smaller than last year and seem to
be dedicated to people selling used pens. Very few new pens on display, but
lots of OPJ (other people's junk). The lighting was terrible. You could
hardly see what was being offered unless the exhibitor had their own lights.
You'll have to do better than this. A waste of time and money.

Hi Howard, long time no see! Didn't I read in the newspaper that a
bunch of your subordinates won the Lotto?

On the contrary to what you wrote, I just got back from the pen show
minutes ago and I was thrilled to see less new pen dealers and more
vintage pens. I like the dealers who put out ink for you to dip so I
can feel if the nib is scratchy, flexxy or whatnot.
As far as new pens go, I was thrilled to see Marilyn Brown from Art
Brown there. I always look forward to seeing her. I finally bought PR
DC Pen Show Blue from her. I haven't tried it yet.

My money was well spent. I got the pen show hat and the ink, BUT my
trip was made when I got an old pen of mine, that wasn't writing as well
as it should since I first bought it, fixed by Richard Binder. I now
have a pen that I absolutely adore.

Personally I was glad there wasn't an auction because it gave me extra
time to shop.

Agreed the lighting leaves much to be desired, but that's why you have
to bring your own lighted magnifier to the show.

I met lots of nice people - old friends and new friends.
I was surprised that Frank Dubiel wasn't there because I was looking
forward to seeing him again.
If Dik didn't buy that pen in his hands, I was going to grab it.

I'm glad I went. Too bad I missed you!

Nancy