Old November 3rd 17, 11:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter Irwin

Default Any oldtimers around?

wrote:
Not certain if I am in the 'old timers' club.
Look in a couple of times per year. All I see are people trying
to sell Charles & Diana copper-nickel crowns for thirty-five
dollars apiece. Worth thirty-five cents.

There are a bunch of us here then. All we need to do is start talking
about coins again.

Has anyone in the US gone to the bank recently to search for
silver halves? Or anything else for that matter?

I bought a 1787 no hearts sixpence from Frank Robinson recently.
I paid a bit more than my old copy of Krause said was reasonable,
but I trust him as a dealer who never overcharges, so I don't
worry too much.

Peter.