Old May 20th 12, 04:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.mystery
J[_2_]

Default Library sale

Yesterday I went to the Library sale in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. I'd
gone to this event a few years ago, and not done especially well, but
I thought I'd give it another try. This time I came away with a 25-
cent paperback that I was anxious to read, and four excellent
condition hardcovers (all with dustjacket). Total expenditure $12.25!

GREEN HAZARD, Manning Coles – 1974 Hodder reprint of a 1945 title -
due to careless removal of a sticker, there's a patch of paper where
the color's been stripped away, maybe the size of a dime

THE BLACK SPECTACLES, John Dickson Carr – 1972 Fingerprint (Hamish
Hamilton) edition of this 1939 title - terrific condition

HAUNTED LONDON, Peter Underwood – Harrap, 1973 - a tiny gouge through
the jacket into the front cover; with a dj protector, it can't even be
seen

THE RAYMOND CHANDLER PAPERS, Hiney/MacShane, 2011 - new, only
published last year by Atlantic Monthly