Old April 7th 05, 11:43 AM
Alan Williams

cladking wrote:

howard dot wrote:
way back in 1965 I paid for my 1965 Mercury Caliente 2 door HT 289

CID
around $2,700.
Paid for the FULL AMOUNT IN ASSORTED CHANGE (most of it was at least

rolled)
and HEAVY.

Car long gone, change long gone, muscle for packing change long gone,

memory
is "priceless"

I started searching change and rolls in 1957 and didn't really find
much of anything either. There were millions of people looking and the
best coins were gone long before. I did find a '50-D nickel in 1964
that I sold the same day for $25. This was a lot of money in those
days.

Not many people are looking now days and most think silver is the best
they'll find. It's none too surprising that most of the known
varieties since 1965 are scarce or rare. Someday most will be much
easier but they'll be in VG condition.

Great post, Harv! Great story, Howard! Congratulations, Clad! (41
years late!)

;-)

Alan
'skimming from circulation since age 6'