Old April 7th 05, 12:11 AM
Bruce Farley

Sounds like me in the early 60's. I would go to the bank after school on
Friday. (For those of you to know where the term "Bankers Hours" came
from, back in those old days the banks were only open until 3PM M-T and
open until 6 on Friday). So Friday was the day I would go and buy my
rolls of pennies. Back in those days I could even read the dates and
mint marks without glasses or loop. Boy, has that changed! It was fun. I
would go through the pennies over the weekend and roll them up to
exchange at the bank the next Friday. We would write our name on the
rolls and got to know the names of other collectors in the area so we
could reject some of the rolls without even looking! I rememebr the day
I got my first Lincoln Memorial penny while I was back in Virginia in
1959. And to think that now we are looking for those "old" wheats!
It was fun then, and now it still is, but the searching has changed to
the internet and we no longer can find old coins in the change. Still
having fun, Bruce
About the same age,57

James Higby wrote:
"Harv" wrote in message

Picture a kid riding a bike with a wire basket on each side of the rear
wheel, and a $50 bag of pennies in each basket, and you will see me at age
14. That was mumbly-five years ago.

James
'oh, all right, it was 45 years ago'