Old December 20th 03, 01:30 AM
Peter D

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message
As to my previous post, the govt. didn't know who were spies and who
weren't and couldn't take the risk.

I'm sorry, Tracy, but that doesn't matter. Otherwise they might as well lock
everyone up. I mean that's the only guaranteed way to get all the spies,
yes?

The 'downside' of a democracy is that it is, well 'democratic'. the 'upside'
of a fascist state is that it is well, a fascist state. Democracies don't
lock people up for what they might be. They lock people up for _actions_
that can be _proven. They dont' lock people up because of their ethnicity or
colour. Ideally, that is.