Old July 24th 04, 05:09 PM
Dave

"Victor Manta" wrote in message
It was on July 20, 1969, at 10:56 PM ET, when Apollo 11 astronaut Neil
Armstrong stepped off the "Eagle" onto Moon's surface. One billion people
worldwide have then watched him on TV.

There he pronounced the memorably sentence "That's one small step for man,
one giant leap for mankind."

And at the moment of that memorable event I was in Viet Nam with the
Marines. I did not know Man had landed on the moon until four months later.
Shows how communication has progressed that a soldier in a far off land can
now talk nearly whenever he wants to those back home.
To make this more on topic, I even managed to collect some stamps
while there. An NVA soldier gave me stamps from a letter after I gave him
cigarettes. I still have those stamps, though God only knows what became of
him.
Dave