Old November 2nd 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Default Anyone have info on Mexico's new 1000 peso?

Thanks for info. I haven't had time to read the PDF in full and missed that
November 2006 date for the new 50 peso. Looking forward to expanding my
polymer collection with all the new notes from south of the border.

On 11/2/06 11:13 AM, in article
, "Christian Feldhaus"
wrote:

Owen W. Linzmayer wrote:

The PDF says that the new $50 will be released in 2006. Do you know if that
has come to pass already?

Not sure - I'm in Germany, and only remembered that "new money" story
mainly because of the new $50 polymer note and the new/different sizes.
Thus no first hand experience, sorry. But according to the PDF file that
one should be out soon:

| El primer billete de esta familia que se pondrá en circulación será el
| de 50 pesos. Estimamos que se iniciará su emisión en el mes de
| noviembre del presente año, lo cual se informará en su momento
| mediante un boletín de prensa.

Well, "the month of November" is still young g, and at least at the
Banxico site I have not seen the press release that they plan to publish
once the note has been issued. So ...

Christian