Old August 1st 03, 03:38 AM
Ron

Thanks.
Sounds like a few people have seen/know the set I am talking about.
It is SOFT plastic with the cardboard backing.

The morgan and the peace dollar are common, and i am not worried about
the silver "nuggets", but, I do hate to violate the display

I just need to figure out how to do it to preserve the display
too.....I would hate to hurt my uncle's feelings on the piece and like
I said, it does look nice....

argh!

Thanks to those who answered with helpfulness.

Ron

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:32:27 -0400, "J. A. McNerney"
wrote:

Ron wrote:

My uncle gave me a "A Silver Story" a couple of years ago.
It has a silver cert, 1 oz silver "nuggets", 1 morgan and 1 peace
dollar.
I haven't seen the rev of the coins since there is plastic over them.
I have it on the mantle as it isn't expensive and it is nice to look
at.

My question is: Should I be concerned about PVC damage or anything to
the coins? I live in the pacific northwest so we have humidity here
and I think that is a negative as well.

If I should be worried about PVC damage, is there a way to keep the
items together and still have my nice thing to look at or should I
count it as a loss?

Thanks,

Ron

Yes! Get the coins out of that PVC plastic holder as soon as you can. Many nice silver dollars have been damaged by the plastic in those cheap folders.

JAM