Old February 13th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A You

Default Opinions on cashing out some silver

A You wrote:

I would sell gold as gold is up on a currency panic but as bad as things
are...faith in currencies can return.

I would hold silver, palladium, and platinum as demand for commodites can
return in 3 to 5 years. In fact copper and steel can regain some with
planned government infrastructure projects.

Of course with all metals low margin mines are on hold and so there is
some
pullback in supply along with the loss of demand.

If you must sell your silver then buy something very low. So that would be
stocks or real estate or out-of-favor currencies.

Or put your funds into a forex futures account with 100 to 1 leverage.
Because the major currencies are just taking turns going in and
out-of-favor
against each other. Or the currencies of countries with small trade
deficits
are very strong but then they do get too strong at times...

Les wrote:

Okay, my 'funds' amount to just under $100, so I appreciate the
advice.

I called off the sale as I was looking at the month-long track record
and saw
that silver was on a nice incline, then it started dropping again...
of course.

A You wrote:

Well I should have stayed with selling gold and holding silver...but I went
on to currency futures.

And with the currency futures where the broker breaks down their own
positiona into smaller positions of the customer there are micro-accounts
with 400 to 1 leverage. So your $100 gets $40,000 worth of EUR/USD. But if
it ticks the wrong way...

But go with 100 to 1 leverage, a $2,000 account, and put only half the
account into a position...

Well see...selling the USD/JPY is the same thing as selling gold.