Old August 12th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
RF

Default Serendipity

On Aug 10, 7:47*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
This evening I noticed that I had not opened a box of books
that I had bought most inexpensively two or three months
ago. *On perusing its contents, I found a copy of Hilton's
Goodbye Mr. Chips, Hodder & Stoughton, but only a ninth
printing from 1938 and no dust jacket. *But there was one
point of interest. *There was the imprint of a circular seal
bearing an elaborate design and the words "Ex Libris Clare
Booth Luce".

Francis A. Miniter

In a similar incidence, about 15 years or so ago I found a copy of the
Hardy Boys book "The Tower Treasure" with a bookplate stating it was a
"Grosset & Dunlap, Inc. Office File Copy" complete with printing and
binding information.
A scan of it graces the bottom of the "Original Series" page of my
Hardy Boys site:
http://hardyboys.bobfinnan.com/hbos.htm