Old August 11th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Serendipity

foad wrote:
"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
. ..
This evening I noticed that I had not opened a box of books that I had
bought most inexpensively two or three months ago. On perusing its
contents, I found a copy of Hilton's Goodbye Mr. Chips, Hodder &
Stoughton, but only a ninth printing from 1938 and no dust jacket. But
there was one point of interest. There was the imprint of a circular seal
bearing an elaborate design and the words "Ex Libris Clare Booth Luce".

Wow! The woman who assassinated old Abe Lincoln at the Chevrolet Theater?
That's a great brag!

I suppose the seal might have had an "e" in there!

Francis A. Miniter