Old September 7th 03, 11:44 PM
Tracy Barber

I don't know about having a bad time, originally, when selling one's
collection, because so far I haven't seen what has been mentioned.

I did, though, start collecting at about age 11 or 12. I remember
having a friend - Ivan - we played baseball and collected stamps. We
traded a lot of stuff and in the end, I started to sell some stuff to
him.

My collection went on hold for a long time... Eventually, I came back
to it in my mid-20s or so. I was in need of a car and went to a local
dealer. He immediately offered me $1000 for it. I knew there were
some goodies in that album, but didn't realize it was that good.
Well, 2 payments later I had my car. :^)

I have been working with this dealer for the past 3 years or so -
working on his auctions and helping out with his computers. I have
yet to ask him what was sooo good in that collection to pay me that
much for a childhood album.

Maybe I don't want to know... :^) I surely don't remember.

I did, however, keep some common French Colonials, British
Commonwealth and a few others that weren't mounted. These I stashed
away for about 10 years more. They were the foundation of the
collection I have today.

Tracy Barber