Old September 7th 03, 11:19 PM
Frank Emanuel

"Pete Ware" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Bob Ingraham wrote:

As I follow what goes on here - I am amazed by some postings asking
for simple, basic info. I thought part of the joy and fun of collecting
was discovering for yourself what a particular stamp is. I suppose in
tis day of instant everything, no one wants to spend the time
discovering what something is anymore.

Pete,

When I started working with computers I used to love all the intricacies of
troubleshooting. But at some point I simply lost my heart for that
completely. Now I'd prefer to be running Macs if I could and not worrying
about tracking down the right driver from some obscure website. I think the
same thing happens with stamps. At first everything is an adventure - this
can be overwhelming to the newbie - but when one finds out what they like
about collecting why not lean on the expertise of others. For example stamp
identification - personally I like that (not that I am too good at it yet)
so when someone posts stamps I usually try to figure them out - I usually
post as a last resort. Personally I am glad there is a forum like this where
I can ask "dumb" questions - I've always found the patient answers here have
fostered the love of philately and not quenched it (as in other NGs I hang
in).

Enjoy your lurking and I do hope that the spark reignites one day!

Frank