Old June 16th 04, 07:06 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On 16 Jun 2004 17:02:33 GMT, (DONDI3) is alleged to have written:

In article , Bruce Hickmott
writes:

Well, even if you net grade that coin down to VG, it's still a $300-400 coin.
3$G's are rare.

Bruce

I'd have more problems with authenticity than grade. It does have couple of
gouges
in the reverse, but I'd want to know it was "real" first. The detail sure
looks mushy
to me--just like a jewelry piece.

Dondi3

Yeah, any raw 3$G needs to be treated as suspect. But there's nothing on that
coin that screams FAKE at me and I'm not a 3$G expert, I'd have to see it in
person.

The problems on the coin are consistent with jewelry use, though.

Bruce