Old March 11th 12, 09:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

Default Newbie question.

? "Blair (TC)" ?????? ??? ??????
On Mar 11, 3:09 pm, "gogu" wrote:
Hi all!
I'm new in stamps collecting and I have a question that may seem stupid to
you but...;-)
I am on Vatican's mailing list and I received their order form for the
latest stamps.
In the included leaflet for a certain stamp I read:
Valore facciale: 0,60 euros
Foglio da: 10 francobolli

On the order form I see for the same stamp:
Price 0,60 euros
And then if I want to order "Mint Sets", "Cancelled Sets" etc.

My question is what does "Mint set" means?!
Sure, I know what a mint set in coins is but I don't know what it is in
stamps!
Is a "Mint Set" the entire "Foglio", meaning 10 stamps?
So when I order 1 Mint Set does it mean that I'm actually ordering 10
stamps
so I have to multiply the price reported above (0,60 euros) per 10?

TIA even if my question seems stupid to you;-)

Hello:

In the case of stamp collecting, a mint (not cancelled or used)
set is a set of 1 copy of each DIFFERENT stamp in the set.

So if your Vatican set has only one stamp, then the mint set also
has only one stamp. Price 60 Euro cents.

A "foglio" is Italian for a sheet. In your case, the stamp was
printed in sheets of ten stamps, so the price of the sheet is
six Euros.

Mint stamps can be mint and have been hinged (MH) or
mint NOT hinged (MNH). The hinged stamps will be
missing some gum on the back. Mint hinged stamps
may sell for less than mint NOT hinged stamps.

I hope that this helps you.

Blair

Thanks a lot Blair, you were of great help!

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html