Old September 5th 13, 11:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default hinges

"Pedro" wrote in message ...

Hello friends,
I've read here, long ago about a brand of hinges that could be very easily
removed without damaging the stamps, so they were considered the best
type/brand. Anyone knows?
I remember when I was a child, back in the 70s, being at the local stamp
shop in my town of origin, in the Canary Islands. A girl had just arrived
the shop and was asking something about a huge hinged collection. I remember
having heard the local dealer, a lady btw, telling her that a hinged
collection was not worth a cent. Nowadays I see on most stamp catalogues
that stamps that has been hinged retain part of its value.

greetings,
Pedro

It seems it is somewhat difficult to find good ones nowadays. I'll try the
brands you've mentioned on ebay

Pedro