Old June 3rd 13, 07:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
capri

Default Selling Silver Eagles

On Sunday, June 2, 2013 11:57:06 PM UTC-4, Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,

capri wrote:

I recently took 24 slabbed NGCS MS70 1986-2010 coins with me to the

Jacksonville Greater Coin Show. I was planning on selling them or trading

them for some nice Morgan CC coins. Anyway, what I found out was rather

disconcerting. Not one of the dealers I talked to was willing to pay

anymore than than silver value for the coins. Even tho slabbed and graded

MS70. Needless to say, I still have the coins. Yet THEY are selling them

anywhere from 2-4x silver value. So beware when you are buying/selling

silver eagles.

What exactly is "NGCS? If it's some sort of "third world" grading

service trying to capitalize on the similarity of its name to NGC and

PCGS, I'm not surprized that you got offered melt for them.

FWIW, I usually buy "off brand" slabbed silver iggles at a discount to

what I pay for raw examples, as it takes me time and effort to crack

them out, throw away the plastic and reholder them.

Sorry MY error, not thinking very Clearly. They Are all NGC not NGCS --