Old June 3rd 13, 04:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

Default Selling Silver Eagles

In article ,
capri wrote:

I recently took 24 slabbed NGCS MS70 1986-2010 coins with me to the
Jacksonville Greater Coin Show. I was planning on selling them or trading
them for some nice Morgan CC coins. Anyway, what I found out was rather
disconcerting. Not one of the dealers I talked to was willing to pay
anymore than than silver value for the coins. Even tho slabbed and graded
MS70. Needless to say, I still have the coins. Yet THEY are selling them
anywhere from 2-4x silver value. So beware when you are buying/selling
silver eagles.

What exactly is "NGCS? If it's some sort of "third world" grading
service trying to capitalize on the similarity of its name to NGC and
PCGS, I'm not surprized that you got offered melt for them.

FWIW, I usually buy "off brand" slabbed silver iggles at a discount to
what I pay for raw examples, as it takes me time and effort to crack
them out, throw away the plastic and reholder them.

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com