Old June 15th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Default New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

Donald,

I'm sorry, but there's no way I can agree with your conclusion that Krause
does a good job. My standards must be much higher than yours.

I'm just now going through the 14th edition and am dismayed to find that
very few of the post-2005 notes that I've documented in The Banknote Update
are included, and those that are listed aren't illustrated. That's
ridiculous.

Like many other collectors I've spoken with, I've stopped sending info to
Krause because its actions prove it simply doesn't care. After years of
submitting info and images only to see new editions come out without
including that material, why should we bother trying to help Krause?

FYI, I can't believe the PDF included with the new edition is in black &
white only. OK, I understand that printing the catalog in color would be
costly, but there's no reason not to include color images in the PDF.

On 6/14/08 2:53 AM, in article
,
"FBNeNotes" wrote:

Krause does a very good job with SCWPM.. collectors should write-email
George, whenever they have New info or corrections, etc. on World
Paper Money. This vast field requires help from collectors.. write-
email, keep the knowledge flowing.
Per 14th and previous editions...
Readers with unlisted dates, signature varieties, etc. are invited to
submit photocopies of their notes to SCWPM 700 East State ST. Iola, WI
54990-0001
e-mail

Thanks,
Donald