Old May 20th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default economy mail from overseas

Vector wrote:
The package wasn't delivered for two months! The recipient and I had
long since decided the package had been lost and I had sent a
replacement ... before the original arrived.

Australia and New Zealand are about the worst. I ship art glass to NZ
sometimes, usually using economy (understandable, since glass is
heavy). The packages take 1-2 months to reach the buyer. It would be
nice to ship Airmail, but the postage to Australia and NZ are about the
worst in the world. Buyers usually opt for economy. One buyer wrote me
that sometimes it takes 3+ months to reach him in NZ.

I don't buy from Australia and NZ because it is too expensive. Postage
certainly does hurt their internet trade.

Anita