Old July 8th 08, 11:53 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrat,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

Default Global Warming trends occur every 1500 years naturally

On Jul 7, 9:18*am, "Zeke" wrote:
We have the oil, gas, & coal for all of our energy needs for a 100 years.
We just need to use it.

We have had two ice ages & in between we had gloable warming. *No one burned
fossil fuels back then. *So we need to get off AlGores scam & save the USA.

Z"www.bobbarr2008.com" wrote in message

. net...

In article ,
says...

"Eat the rich" wrote in message
I wish you would do some research before posting. *Only takes a second
with the internet. *The United States has in oil reserves at current
consumption rates a little more than three years of oil, if you were
to exclude oil from other countries.

Remember when the genius Ronald Reagan ripped the solar panels off of
the White House. *Remember all of the Republicans and some Democrats
who voted to keep subsidizing oil companies with tax breaks and who
voted against funding the research and development of alternative
energy sources? *And all of you yahoos who can't do math or do a
little research before barfing up your drill-more nonsense posts,
you're partly to blame, too.

Try including oil shale, nuclear and coal technology into the equation..
New
technology sounds fine but first something has to be developed, tested,
improved upon and proven to be of a practical nature. *Then the next huge
step is a distribution, supply and maintenance system to support it.
Hydrogen cars would be great except there are almost no places to refuel
such cars. *Of course, we could encourage thousands of refill stations be
established but, hey, that would mean a few entrepreneurs would become
quite
wealthy and, well, we can't have some ******* actually make a lot of
money.
But then again, we could tax the hell out of him and his companies.

Many new products are found to have unwanted consequences so we have to
be
careful. * The creation of asbestos was great until we found out about
health hazards of exposure. *And the unexpected realization that
discontinued use of the standard light bulb in favor of the new ugly bulb
involves a hazardous waste problem. *No more throwing your expired bulb
in
the trash can.

Yes, by all means look to new technology to reduce consumption of oil but
right now we use oil. * We can't run our cars today on the promise of
maybe
something better ten years from now.

The first thing we should do is promote conservation, instead of
trying to drum up business for Exxon. Why are conservatives
against conservation? If right-wingers were not oil company errand
boys, they'd talking about mass transit, telecommuting, and higher
CAFE standards, not drilling ANWR for oil.- Hide quoted text -

the Global Warming Scare and Green Fad are just that, fads- and will
go the way of the "No Nukes" fad of the 1970's, along with the CB
radio, pet rock, and mood ring

we can't have greenie tree huggers planning our national energy
policy, otherwise our entire way of life and country will become
emasculated and we'll go back to living in caves, and have a national
population of about 500,000 people