Old February 9th 12, 03:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Toke Nørby

Default What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

Terry Reedy wrote:

I am not sure I have seen what you refer to. Do they have real coins? or
foil-covered cardboard, like the covered with 'gold-bars' inside a
plastic window.

Some have real coins and some have tokens

Are there any of you stamp or coin collectors who collect such covers?
or is there a special group of collectors who buy them?

For the gold-foil covers, the special group includes fools who think
they are actually getting gold, or at least metal of some sort. They are
a headache for show dealers who get to tell them the bad news that the
covers are at best worth pennies on the dollars paid.

tjr

Thanks for your answer. I think it's pretty close to what my friends
think about such numiscovers as they also are called.

Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og "Skibsgrisens Flugt"
eller om Klasselotteriets inspektører 1753-2010: