Old June 5th 09, 09:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Default The world's 10 rarest stamps.

On Jun 5, 4:08 pm, "rodney" wrote:
To illustrate the rate of appreciation of the Brit Guiana 1856
the following image I am about to post, rates it at GBP 20,000

Interestingly, the "XLSR" (cough,cough Excelsior) booklet
was printed in North Wales in 1953

It was an exact copy of the EH Harris booklet of the US
and printed under approval.

It was purchased in Perth in 1953 from Sands and McDougall's
Central Hay Street Perth.

In the coming days, I'll post images just one year later
of the top 118 rarest stamps, which has the Brit guiana at US$100,000.

So, the top 10 (1953)http://cjoint.com/data/gfh5zfAqLD.htm

I don't see Barwani SG 18da in that list, Rodney. Obviously it's
rubbish.

Tony of the Antipathies