Old January 7th 04, 09:15 AM
Victor Manta

"Pierre Courtiade" wrote in message
A friend of me asks (in the French speaking philatelic news-group :
fr.rec.philatelie) the following question.

Is it allowed to use a cover, cancelled with a FDC type cancel, later
than the FDC date ?

snip
--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Bonjour Pierre,

I know for sure that I could send FDC's from Romania by mail, and this was
true for FDC's having valid postal stamps on them. The Romanian PO's have
put a supplementary cancel on the cover, but haven't cancelled the stamps
again.

The separate stamps taken from the FDC's weren't valid for postage.

I find this a reasonable practice, because obviously the stamps on FDC's
haven't served for what they were mainly printed, i.e. for paying the postal
transportation and delivery fees.

A+

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply