Old June 16th 11, 03:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jean B.

Default Shardik

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 6/12/2011 23:30 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 6/12/2011 8:28 AM, J wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:45�pm, "Francis A.

wrote:
Today, I found a signed first printing of the American
edition of Richard Adams' Shardik, the author's second
novel, in fine condition. �I already had a first printing
and I cannot say what prompted me to pull it out and
look at
the title page, where it was signed.

Wow! Price?

$3

Great!

How much time do you devote to hunting for books?

I try to stop at some used goods store (Savers, Goodwill) each day -
there are about 8 of them in the area. And on Saturday mornings, I
usually try to make it to a library book sale. Some weekends there are
multiple such sales and I try to hit one on a Friday evening as well.
Then there are tag sales. I scan the ads in Craigslist looking for ones
with likely books. On average, at least an hour a day then.

Ah, you are out every day. I actually miss some days. I do about
the same, but also go to antiques shops, consignment shops, etc.
(Of course, the best thing at the former is a lazy person who just
says $X per hardcover.) There's nothing like finding good books!

--
Jean B.