Old August 11th 14, 05:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Default Short ANA Report

ANA in Chicago was great, as usual. Got to see some old friends, like Ron Landis, John Wilson, Jim Higby and Jeff Starck, but although I got to see my friends from the Royal Canadian Mint our schedules didn't coincide for going out for drinks as we usually do. Next year.

Notable absences were the British Royal Mint and the BEP. (That could explain the absence of Ken Barr!) Wonder why they didn't set up.

The Kennedy gold half dollar was a hit, as the line started forming at 3am to get in line to buy them. Of course the bourse dealers were paying a premium so many people bought them just to make a quick profit. Noticed a lot of orientals with folding chairs in line. It got so bad that the Rosemont police put an end to it because of 'public safety'. I also understand that sales were also suspended at other places as well.

I also attended a few lectures and meetings as well as the TAMS banquet at Gibson's where the food was OUTSTANDING! Plans in order for next year there as well.

Bought a few early commemoratives, updates for Canadian coins and a few tokens, but the pickings were slim for tokens.

One more year for the ANA in Chicago, and then Anaheim for 2016.