Old April 14th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Default Ancient acquisition

On Apr 13, 4:34*pm, "mazorj" wrote:

To keep my post on topic, and since you like numismatic challenges, I have
one for you, Reid. *Here is an image of a coin in my possession:

Here is the reverse side...

and the edge view,

[||||||]

I know the image quality isn't the best, but I'm hoping that a collector
with your vast detailed knowledge
can ascertain its type, spot the anomalies on it, and tell me whether it's a
counterfeit or a unique find or just a common variety. *If you can't provide
a substantive response, well, then we'll know that you're just a poseur
who's here for the chit-chat.

- mazorj, Numismatic Quiz Master

I hope someone can identify this coin, because I have one just like
it! 8-)