Old June 8th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Cold Comfort Farm

Hard to say. I wish I were a literature major because no doubt I could
wow you with expository language. - But sad to say, I found the English
Department at Whittier College a sad dreary lot.

Back on point (FAQs you know), I think I would have to go with William
Saroyan. He had the grittiness (bad word - best exposition) and still a
sense of humour. A little sentimental, but his characters were spot on
and funny.

Steinbeck may be a possibility - Cannery Row- perhaps.. I'd have to
read The Grapes of Wrath again because I never thought there was much
humour. Unfourtunately, the motion picture images are difficult to
erase.

Back to the original post -Why would CCF be released again and carried
by a bacon through goose enterprise?

NEW FAQ - John Pelan