Old June 7th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Cold Comfort Farm

fvndoc wrote:
"Ted Jones" wrote in message
My girlfriend just phoned and found reprints at Costco (For those who have
not enjoyed the experience, it is a North American store that offers deep
discounts on the toys and gustatory delights of affluent Americans.)
Usually it's book selection is reserved for Bestsellers.
Has Stella Gibbons been resurrected? Why else would a mass marketer qua
mass marketer, be hawking her books. The motion picture has already been
done. It starred a pre-inflated Kate Bekinsale and Rufus Sewell. Excellent
film.

Any idea what's up?

n.b. Fundoc

I am a cad, a bounder and harbor impure thoughts, but she will not make an
honest man of me.

Have you tried Martin Chuzzlewit?

This is a prolix serial. Chvzzlewits abouvd. There is Martin Sr.,
Martin Jr. and a host of ancillary Chvzzlewits. Story is goofy. I do
not want to repeat the experience. Are yov speaking literally,
metaphorically or are yov svggesting something vnspeakable. If the
latter, either George Bvsh or Tony Blair will bring yov to grouvnd.
When last I heard, the latter has an anxiovs jvnior officer keen to
attack someone. If you valve your lawn (metallic treads compact the
soil something dreadful.) explain yovrself!. Sir!

To keep within the newly established FAQs - John Pelan

As enchanting as this exercise may be, does anyone know why Stella has
a new literary life?