Old September 28th 04, 02:13 PM
mz

Stompy wrote:

snip

I understand that the ink is supposed to be non staining, made of mostly tap
water, etc, but I'm not sure how much sediment the ink will throw, and if it
does, will it rinse out of the filler with tap water?

I keep my pens reasonably clean - as Frank used to say these are pens, not
surgical instruments - and my 61 either gets used daily, or is flushed and
dried and stored.

So. Is it safe?

I'm not sure what you mean by "...how much sediment the ink
will throw." Since you're familiar with Frank, you might
also remember how many times he mentioned FP inks don't have
pigments, i.e., solids, but contain dyes. If you have an ink
with "sediment" don't use it in any FP, Parker 61 or otherwise.

Also, Nathan has stated Noodler's was formulated to emulate
Parker Quink and Sheaffer Skrip of the 1950s, a period when
these inks were especially FP-friendly. Given this is
roughly the same era as your Parker 61, there should be no
problem.

HTH,
Mark Z.